We’ve lived so long under the spell of hierarchy—from god-kings to feudal lords to party bosses—that only recently have we awakened to see not only that “regular” citizens have the capacity for self-governance, but that without their engagement our huge global crises cannot be addressed. The changes needed for human society simply to survive, let alone thrive, are so profound that the only way we will move toward them is if we ourselves, regular citizens, feel meaningful ownership of solutions through direct engagement. Our problems are too big, interrelated, and pervasive to yield to directives from on high.
—Frances Moore Lappé, excerpt from Time for Progressives to Grow Up
Thursday, May 10, 2018
I will be tied up with personal affairs until sometime after the 25th of May. Thus, there will be no posts until then.
I invite you to read those labeled "best posts" (my rating) which express my rather unique point of view on social-political issues.
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
- Trump Ends The Nuclear Deal With Iran - What's Next? by Bernhard from Moon of Alabama. Also another good article on this latest event is We Are Being Lied To About Yet Another Middle Eastern Country By Yet Another US President by Caitlin Johnstone from her blog.
- Are Michael Isikoff and David Corn CIA Agents? by Eric Zuesse from The Greanville Post. The author contrasts the lying sociopaths Corn and Isikoff with a German truth-teller journalist who "died" under very mysterious circumstances.
- THE MARCH ON TEHERAN IS ON! Let’s have the campaign of pretexts blanket the public mind [begin] by Michael Schäfer from The Greanville Post. The author focuses on what the directorate (Deep State--for a brief description of this term read this; for an in-depth description by a researcher who has studied the Deep State for many years, listen to this interview with Peter Dale Scott) of the ruling capitalist class have planned all along regarding Iran as revealed in a Brookings Institute (a Deep State organization) document.
- Actors were paid to support Entergy’s power plant at New Orleans City Council meetings by Michael Isaac Stein from The Lens. The article reports on what is an excellent example of how the use of actors and acting in political situations is a common practice by capitalist agents who have a major interest in how governments make decisions as well as to influence the perceptions of ordinary people as in the case of the White Helmets in Syria.
Monday, May 7, 2018
- China’s Determined March Towards the Ecological Civilization by Andre Vltchek from New Eastern Outlook.
‘Political correctness’ is diluting the sense of urgency, and there is plenty of hypocrisy at work: while, at least in the West and Japan, people are encouraged to recycle, to turn off the lights in empty rooms and not to waste water, in other parts of our Planet, entire islands, nations and continents are being logged out by the Western corporations, or destroyed by unbridled mining. The governments of the West’s ‘client states’ are getting hopelessly corrupt in the process.
Western politicians see absolutely no urgency in all that is taking place around the world, or more precisely – they are paid not to see it.
So, are we now dealing with the thoroughly hopeless scenario? Did the world go mad? Is it ready to get sacrificed for the profit of the very few? Are people simply going to stand passively, watching what is happening around them, and die, as their world goes literally up in flames?
It appeared so, until few months ago.
- Russia’s v. America’s Records on Democracy, and on Whistleblowers’ Safety by Eric Zuesse from Washington's Blog.
- Once China got off drugs: the link between opium and ‘liberal strongman’ Macron by Iranian-American Ramin Mazaheri. I only scanned this article and discovered that I don't agree with everything he argues, but he contributes to a valuable understanding of China's history with the ruling capitalist classes of Europe and North America.
- De-Briefing Academics: Unpaid Intelligence Informants by James Petras from Global Research. Dr. Petas gives us a good idea of how upper-middle class academic travelers have been co-opted to serve the imperialist interests of the ruling capitalist class. Read the article to understand how he reaches the following conclusion:
What is clear in virtually all know[n] experiences is that academic informers’ ‘de-briefings strengthened the empire-builders and complemented the deadly work of the paid professional operatives of the CIA, DEA and the National Security Agency.
- The Myth of Low US Unemployment. Twisting the Definition, Manipulating the Data by Stephen Lendman from Global Research. Once again we learn that our masters are compulsive liars whenever their interests of profit and power are involved. However, due to the type of socialization that Americans are subject to throughout their lives, most of them have a very naive trust in their capitalist masters who have gotten away with lying so long that it has become essentially an automatic response to any subject where their interests are at stake.
Sunday, May 6, 2018
- 'The Biggest Player in the History of the World' by Alistair Crooke from Strategic Culture Foundation.
- Israels Murderous Strike on Syria (Via ‘Pacified’ Lebanon) by Andre Vltchek from New Eastern Outlook.
- The Historic Background of China's Perception of the West by Carl Zha posted on Moon of Alabama. Excellent review of certain aspects of Chinese history during the past 100 years.