- Climate Crisis, Pandemics and Bad Governance: Humanity’s Existential Threats by Gilbert Mercier from his weblog News Junkie Post. (Note: No one could express this existential crisis--climate crisis, pandemic, and bad governance--better than Mercier.)
We’ve lived so long under the spell of hierarchy—from god-kings to feudal lords to party bosses—that only recently have we awakened to see not only that “regular” citizens have the capacity for self-governance, but that without their engagement our huge global crises cannot be addressed. The changes needed for human society simply to survive, let alone thrive, are so profound that the only way we will move toward them is if we ourselves, regular citizens, feel meaningful ownership of solutions through direct engagement. Our problems are too big, interrelated, and pervasive to yield to directives from on high.
—Frances Moore Lappé, excerpt from Time for Progressives to Grow Up
Friday, June 19, 2020
Thursday, June 18, 2020
- STUDIES: 60% of people naturally RESISTANT to SARS-COV-2 from Off-Guardian. (Note: You will need to know the SARS-COV-2 is the virus that causes the illness Covid-19.)
- Struggle Theater: Don’t Let Theatrics Shroud the Reality of Systemic Oppression by Eleanor Goldfield from Mint Press News. My commentary:
The capitalist ruling class has chosen to rule mostly by deception to make things look good on the outside to hide the fascism that lies just below the surface. This includes theatrics among governing bodies, management of the news that we are allowed to observe, increasing censorship of information contrary to the interests of this ruling class, differential enforcement of laws, etc. Unfortunately, ordinary brainwashed European-Americans are usually oblivious to most of these deceptions, and all Americans are deceived as to the underlying reason for racist practices to persist: divide the working class in order to control them, and to create chaos to promote more "(their) law and (their) order" when things quiet down. ("their" in the last sentence refers to the capitalist ruling class.)
- The Enemy Within: A Story of the Purge of American Intelligence by Cynthia Chung from Strategic Culture Foundation. My commentary:
Except for the social-democratic introduction, this article dove-tails with one of my major theses: that the fascist section of the American capitalist ruling class planned before US entered WWII to advance an agenda for the US to establish a world-dominating Empire. I have no doubt after WWII concluded that this fascist section of the US ruling class aligned themselves with Churchill, an obsessive Soviet-hating figure who had a long history of fighting Bolshevism. The US ruling class merged with the exhausted and depleted remnants of the British Empire to establish a new US controlled empire which went on to establish a transnational capitalist US/Anglo/Zionist Empire.
- Freedom Rider: Churchill, Columbus and Leopold Fall Down by Margaret Kimberley from Black Agenda Report.
- Nixon-Trump vs. the Strategy of Tension by Pepe Escobar from Strategic Culture Foundation.
- The Secret Reason Billionaires Love a Pandemic by Lee Camp from Consortium News.