- The International Situation in the Era of the Coronavirus Pandemic by Philippe Alcoy originally from Révolution Permanente, translated by Scott Cooper, and posted on Left Voice.
- The pandemic, profits and the capitalist justification of suffering and death by David North from World Socialist Web Site.
The premature return to work that the Trump administration is orchestrating will lead to countless thousands of deaths, which could be prevented if a rigorous program of social distancing, supported by a massive program of testing and contact tracing, were implemented and sustained during the coming critical months.
My commentary: I don't think it is the fault of the Trump administration, rather it is due to the capitalist system that always prioritizes profits/power over the health of workers. The author, as is fashionable in media corporations, criticizes Trump too much rather than the logic of capitalism that is suggested by the title of the article.
- Seeds Of Awakening: Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix by Australian Caitlin Johnstone from her weblog.
- Threat of Starvation Becoming More Real by Vladimir Odintsov from New Eastern Outlook.
- Covid-19 on a debt assault by Eric Toussant from CADTM (Committee for the Abolition of Illegitimate Debt).
- Coronavirus: Middle East states crack down on media freedom by Megan O'Toole from Middle East Eye.
- The Trickle-Up Bailout by Matt Taibbi from Substack.