While citizens of the US were herded by the One Percent's media into the arena of the Superbowl, probably the most celebrated of many spectacles and amusements that the ruling class uses to distract attention, the political operatives of the Empire have been very busy preparing for another acquisition to the Empire and strengthening their hold on the Middle East and its abundant resources.
Either I am better informed now or the Orwellian quality of media propaganda in the US has worsened. The contrast in the way that the Empire has dealt with insurrections in Bahrain compared with Syria is mind-boggling. I continue to be amazed at how ruling classes are so easily able to manipulate the rest of us into collaborating with their crimes against humanity to serve their interests of profit and power. This will continue until we either destroy ourselves as a species or until we rid ourselves of class rule. I am not very optimistic, but I choose to keep fighting for social justice and egalitarian societies.
Currently the Syrian crisis seems like it could be a pivotal event in world affairs that may lead toward more catastrophes or toward a more peaceful world that will give us more time to create classless societies. Understanding this issue is of critical importance to all activists. Toward this end I am offering what I regard are the best articles I can find today on the Syrian crisis.
- Run-up to proxy war over Syria by M K Bhadrakumar from Asia Times Online.
- UN Shenanigans on Syria by Aisling Byrne from Asia Times Online.
- Syria and Those 'Disgusting' BRICS by Pepe Escobar from Asia Times Online.
- Double Veto Bans Imperial War Against Syria by Thierry Meyssan from Voltaire Network.
- Imperialism, Despotism, and Democracy in Syria by Joseph Massad from Al Jazeera.