- What Price for Collapse of the Empire? by "The Saker" from The Unz Review.
We are currently living the most dangerous days in human history. You think that this is hyperbole?
- Why even a trade war won’t derail Made in China 2025 by Pepe Escobar from Asia Times.
- China could be the wild card if US attacks Syria by Christina Lin from Asia Times.
... high-tech weaponry and “smart” bombs have dehumanized war and turned it into a video-game-like experience, “in which terms such a ‘surgical strikes’ or ‘collateral damage’ camouflage the actual brutality and consequences of aerial attacks.” War thus becomes a more manageable solution than other non-military options for US leaders, as they are geographically far removed, lack understanding of the complexity and horrors of war when it’s in one’s territory, and turn war into a more scientific, clean, and enlightened endeavor.
However, this experience is not shared by others with recent memories of mass-scale war horrors and conflict in their own territories, and they may react to military threats in a powerful way.
- War, lies and censorship by Andre Damon from World Socialist Web Site.
The real target of the censorship campaign is not “fake news,” but true news—that is, genuine journalism and independent reporting, which by its very nature contradicts the lies of the war-mongers in Washington, London and Paris.
- Gun Profiteers: Who’s Getting Rich off the US Gun Crisis? by Derek Seidman from LittleSis.