WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has been dragged out of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London where he has spent the last seven years. That's after Ecuador's president Moreno withdrew asylum.Other coverage:
That's only a day after WikiLeaks Editor-in-Chief Kristinn Hrafnsson claimed that an extensive spying operation was conducted against Assange in the Ecuadorian Embassy. During an explosive media conference Hrafnsson alleged that the operation was designed to get Assange extradited.
- Assange Has Been Arrested For US Extradition. The Time To Act Is Now. by Caitlin Johnstone from her blog.
- Julian Assange: US justice department says he faces five years in jail – live updates from The Guardian.
- Moreno Withdraws Asylum as Assange is Arrested from Consortium News.
- Met Police Arrests Julian Assange by Bernhard from Moon of Alabama.
- Julian Assange’s legal team make a statement following his arrest. The following video was posted on Mint Press News.