We’ve lived so long under the spell of hierarchy—from god-kings to feudal lords to party bosses—that only recently have we awakened to see not only that “regular” citizens have the capacity for self-governance, but that without their engagement our huge global crises cannot be addressed. The changes needed for human society simply to survive, let alone thrive, are so profound that the only way we will move toward them is if we ourselves, regular citizens, feel meaningful ownership of solutions through direct engagement. Our problems are too big, interrelated, and pervasive to yield to directives from on high.
—Frances Moore Lappé, excerpt from Time for Progressives to Grow Up

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Posts that I especially recommend today: Sunday, October 11, 2020

Off-Guardian is running a series of posts that I have neglected because I was suffering from an overload of articles about articles from reputable sources that downplayed what I believe is an unreasonably hysterical reporting by corporate media on this pandemic. I'm referring to the first of a series of posts entitled "The Great Viral Debate" which essentially introduced the series in which two well-qualified experts, Tim Anderson, PhD and Prof. Denis Rancourt, debate the following proposition:

Does SARS-COV-2 merit suppression measures in order to combat the virus rather than the herd/community immunity approach?

On following days they present "opening statements" by the two experts (here and here). (I don't know if they will be posting additional series of articles focusing on additional arguments made by the two experts.) One part which I recommend to you, is rather lengthy video discussion between Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, with whom I was particularly impressed, and Dr. Zubin Damania, found at the end of one of these posts. Damania is a physician-comedian-host who has a channel (The ZDoggMD) on YouTube.

However, I did encounter one issue with Damania when I found a particular video as I sampled some of his videos on his channel. In this video he severely criticized Dr. Judy Mikovitz and the audience of "Plandemic 1 and 2" after googling Mikovitz. Mikovitz in one of the latter videos described her experiences with Dr. Fauci of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Damania doesn't cite his sources of information about Mikovitz.

I have had a recent experience with a person who has a Masters in Public Health. I recommended to her a video "1986: The Act" thinking that she would be interested in the content of this film. However, she, like Damania who googled Dr. Mikovitz, also googled the film, and found material totally discrediting the well-documented film. I asked her to supply the sources of her information and she reported Wikipedia, The Guardian, and some other obscure website. Because she was absolutely convinced of the validity of these sources, she refused to watch the film! This is typical of most educated (brainwashed) Americans who have spent considerable time being educated (indoctrinated) in universities. They are simply unaware of the conspiratorial nature of our ruling capitalist class, their filling of all commonly used information resources and media with their biases and propaganda, and much less of the major crimes they have committed all over the world.

I can't really vouch for all of my posts because it is becoming very difficult to sort out the truth from an ocean of lies. Edward Curtin has also encountered such difficulties, and he recently authored a book entitled Seeking Truth in A Country of Lies. I should read it. {Edited for clarity at 8:15 PM CT.)

  • Morning in Hell by John Steppling from Off-Guardian. (Note: I haven't read this article; but I have so much respect for this author, that I am listing it anyway.)

I've run out of time and energy to complete my perusal of 50 websites.