Fullbrook provides a brief summary of report from one of the quintessential liberal activist organizations. While citing the widely known trends in inequality throughout the world, OXFAM's report contains more of the same illusory recommendations that liberals are famous for.
Oxfam is calling on them [the world's capitalist leaders meeting in Davos] to pledge that they will:
- Not dodge taxes in their own countries or in countries where they invest
and operate,by using tax havens;
- Not use their economic wealth to seek political favors that undermine the democratic will of their fellow citizens;
- Make public all the investments in companies and trusts for which they are the ultimate beneficial owners;
- Support progressive taxation on wealth and income;
- Challenge governments to use their tax revenue to provide universal health care, education and social protection for citizens;
- Demand a living wage in all the companies they own or control;
- Challenge other economic elites to join them in these pledges.