- Global Warming and the Future of Investing by Eric Zuesse from The Duran (based in Cyprus). Author of the foolish statement "That’s not what capitalism was supposed to be." ends his report with a rather favorable statement about BlackRock:
As regards the letter to “CEOs,” it’s telling them to transition as fast as is reasonably possible out of fossil-fuel investments and into renewable-fuel ones, in order to become less vulnerable to the shock, when it does hit. This makes good sense: keeping the clients comfortable, while telling the CEOs: “Make major moves on this ASAP!”
If you think for a moment that capitalist ruling classes are serious about global warming, "I have a bridge to sell you" (def).
- Australia’s Fires Give Us a Glimpse of What’s Coming by Jeff Sparrow from Jacobin.
- In neoliberalism’s end, a new world’s beginning an editorial from New Frame (based in South Africa). (Note: These folks still have hope.)
- How Khalifa Haftar’s secret ties with Israel fuel chaos in Libya from TRT World (based in Turkey).
- Secret Wars, Forgotten Betrayals, Global Tyranny. Who Is Really in Charge of the U.S. Military? by Cynthia Chung from Strategic Culture Foundation (independent. international, and based in Russia).
- Ayn Rand with Prof. Lisa Duggan from Chris Hedges' show "On Contact" from RT via YouTube.
On the show this week, Chris Hedges, discusses the outsized influence of the writer, Ayn Rand, on America’s business and financial elite with New York University professor and author, Lisa Duggan.
Duggan’s new book is entitled “Mean Girl: Ayn Rand and the Culture of Greed.”
- How America Became Capitalist - book review by Dominic Alexander from Counterfire (Britain).
- MAJOR: 16 U.S soldiers killed in Iranian strikes on al-Asad base in Iraq by Joaquin Flores from Fort Russ News (apparently based in Belgrade, Serbia).