- COVID USA. Bonnie Faulkner of Guns & Butter interviews Larry Romanoff (nearly one hour) on his knowledge of the coronavirus pandemic. Romanoff, a Canadian, is currently living and working in China. His bio is as follows:
Larry Romanoff is a retired management consultant and businessman. He has held senior executive positions in international consulting firms, and owned an international import-export business. He has been a visiting professor at Shanghai’s Fudan University, presenting case studies in international affairs to senior EMBA classes. Mr. Romanoff lives in Shanghai and is currently writing a series of ten books generally related to China and the West. He can be contacted at: email@example.com. He is a frequent contributor to Global Research.
I noted (@ 46:00m) that Romanoff declared the the CDC was part of the US military, but I couldn't confirm that. It is formally under the Department of Health and Human Services. Apparently he was suggesting that there was a kind of informal or sub-rosa arrangement. If you think the government works the way it is supposed work, I have a bridge to sell you (def.).
I never took seriously CDC's mission "to protect America from health, safety and security threats, both foreign and in the U.S." I've read too many news articles and books about their failures in Detroit, Michigan to protect water quality, in the areas of Colorado and Washington state to protect citizens from radiation sickness and cancers, etc. Even the Wikipedia website contains a section faulting them for their weaknesses and failures (scroll down to the section "Popular culture and controversies").
- The Last Pandemic To Wreck The U.S. Naomi Karavani of the Redacted Tonight show gives us a history lesson about the 1918 influenza pandemic while satirizing the ruling capitalist class who wouldn't let the pandemic interfere with their war. The latter are currently demonstrating this by continuing their war against enemy nations using economic sanctions.
- How China learned about SARS-CoV-2 in the weeks before the global pandemic by Vijay Prashad, Du Xiaojun, and Weiyan Zhu from Peoples Dispatch.
- China’s Victory over the Coronavirus by Liu Jian from Dissident Voice.
- BlackRock Takes Command by Joyce Nelson from CounterPunch.
- Into the Great Economic Abyss by Ahilan Kadirgamar from CADTM (Committee for the Abolition of Illegitimate Debt).