- Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread by Martin J Vincent et al from Virology Journal, a peer-reviewed science journal. (Note: SARS-CoV is the underlying virus that causes the illness of Covid-19.)
- MIT: Covid Skeptics Champion Science by James Corbett from his weblog The Corbett Report.
- Today I received this newsletter from LifeSiteNews.
- The economic response to the crisis benefits large companies featuring an interview with Eric Toussaint from CADTM (Committee for the Abolition of Illegitimate Debts) conducted by Roberto González Amador from the Mexican daily La Jornada .
- Fact Checkers Take A Beating On Lab Leak Theory featuring Jimmy Dore of The Jimmy Dore Shows channel on YouTube. (Note: Dore goes on an appropriate rant about ruling class "fact-checkers", censorship practiced by ruling class corporate media, and both of their records of contradictions. He also puts Matt Taibbi, a journalist, on the podcast to comment on this subject.) My reaction: It's only realistic to assume that the consolidation and concentration of wealth, which is a core feature of capitalism, also gives the rich control over all of mainstream media--as well as all other institutions. Taibbi essentially explains that all the issues related to this subject can be explained by "politics". This is a shorthand way to obscure the problem of issues. Social-economic class conflict is the root cause of most social-economic issues, which is a recognition that class matters, and that a particular issue is a conflict between the rich ruling class and the working class. This view is verboten in capitalist USA.
- The U.S.' latest COVID-19 lab leak theory push is a distraction by Andrew Korybko from CGTN, a major Chinese online news website. (Note:
Now that the ruling class has suddenly shifted its main enemy from
Russia to China--because of the stupendous rise of China as an economic
powerhouse--in a major effort to prevent a powerful Russia-China
combination, Korybko sees major problems for ruling class propagandists
to fool Americans once again.)
- The US Empire Is A Self-Reinforcing Trauma Factory by Australian Caitlin Johnstone and narrated by her American husband. (Note: Now that the billionaire ruling class has gotten rid of the upstart and unauthorized (by them) Trump, their propaganda efforts through their media corporations focuses on rampant crime in American to counter the defund-the-police movements.) My reaction: The American audience is being played (manipulated) once again.
- Gaza resistance: beginning of the end for apartheid Israel? by Anya Parampil from The Grayzone. (Note: You might be also interested in this related post entitled "Days Before Approving Humanitarian Aid to Gaza, State Department Agreed to Contentious Bomb Sale to Israel".) My reaction: The answer to Parampil's title of this post is emphatic "no!". Israel is an integral part of the US/Anglo/Zionist Empire. The current activities of the Israeli army against Palestinians will only make it more difficult for Empire propagandists.
- Why has the Amazon flipped from carbon sink to carbon source? by Dave Borlace, a Brit, from his video channel, Just Have a Think, on YouTube.
- Self-Reinforcing Feedback Loops #18 through #20, Climate-Change Summary by Prof. (retired) Guy McPherson, an independent (independent of the ruling class) scientist who has for many years focused on the climate crisis, from his YouTube channel (04:24m). (Note: In this podcast McPherson cites a number of peer-reviewed studies that focus on the disappearance or the alteration of ice on both polar regions that contribute to the destabilization of our climate.)